Thursday, June 30, 2011

Moved...Again

So we have moved twice in every city that we have lived in. That makes for a total of 8 times in 7 years! When we moved to St. George we vowed that this would be the last time that we moved for at least a year. But 6 months later we have moved AGAIN! We are so tired of moving but our first apartment in St. George was waaaaay too small and I was going loony dealing with kids in a space were there waas no space.

There aren't very many apartments and cheap houses in our ward but Dan and I both felt strongly that we needed to stay in the ward boundaries. So after a frustrating time of looking for a new place I finally prayed that if the Lord wanted us to stay in the ward he better find us a place to live.

Two days later I was talking with a lady in the ward that I didn't really know about how we were looking for something bigger to move into. She suggested that I look at the YW President's apartment complex. I didn't even know it existed even though I had walked and driven past it many times. It's set off the road quite a ways which is AWESOME! Anyways, I knocked on the YW President's door and asked if I could look at her apartment. It was HUGE! I was bummed to find out that her apartment (it's actually a little house set in amongst some apartments) was the only one that was 3 bedrooms. The rest were 2 bedrooms and studios. But THEN she said that they had put an offer down on a home and that they were planning to move in the next month. She said no one knew yet because the house hadn't been finalized yet. HOLY COW talk about answering prayers!

So we moved....not the best or smoothest move(see more about that in the next post) we have had but we are here and soooo glad to have more space.
_________________________________________________
This newest move was one of the worst moves we have had yet. We had planned to have 2 sets of missionaries come help us move since we were moving on a weekday when all the guys were at work. Well only 1 set of missionaries showed up and they could only stay for 1.5 hours! They forgot to let us know all this before....so we spent half of our morning trying to find people who could help us. Finally 2 of our new neighbors (we love our new neighborhood and feel completely at home here) and 6 of the kids in the neighborhood came and helped us. Hallelujah.

We finally got all of our stuff out of our apartment yesterday and got it all clean. I realized Tuesday night that the cleaning and moving that we still had to do was going to be way too much for just Dan and I. I didn't even think about calling anyone to help, however. Instead we got to the apartment and just started cleaning. Then I became hugely overwhelmed and sent out a mass text that we needed help now. I usually get so frustrated with people who do this! If you need help at least let me know in advance! Well, needless to say not many people showed up...thank you to those who did! You were lifesavers!

2 comments:

Tarah said...

Oh NO! I'm so sorry I wasn't there to help you move! But on the bright side, I have text now so I can answer those calls for help until we move at the end of July! We need to get together...I miss seeing people.

Brooke Wentzel Stephens said...

I love that story. What an amazing answer to prayer!