Tuesday, June 10, 2008

24

So our friends have the first, second and third seasons of 24 on dvd. We were really excited to watch them because we have heard how great they are. I even had a friend who wouldn't take phone calls the night 24 was on. I have to say I have been completely disappointed. Let's get real: how many times can one person get kidnapped, let alone 3 times plus on one day. Plus lose their memory, get into a car crash, and be arrested? Plus in the midst of all that there's the soap opera mixed into it all.

Those of you who love the show, I'm not making fun, I just don't get it!! I would love to understand what y'all like about it? Does it get better next season or maybe the next? If it does get better then I'm open to watching the next season. I have added a poll asking if you think next season is worth watching.....let me know!

6 comments:

Jamey said...

Sorry, can't help you with this one. I've never seen it...

riley said...

Jan!

I was so pleasantly surprised to see your post on our family blog! It has been fun reading up on your blog and finding what you and Dan have been up to. Couldn't tell you much about 24 other than we don't get it in Australia. We kind liked LOST for awhile, but as we have moved around, we have kind of gotten "lost" (pun worthy of Bro. Sampson) with that series. Glad to see things are well with the Southwick family!

Shannan said...

You are too funny! I totally agree. I watched Season 1, and after the car fell down the cliff and burst into flames and then the wife collapsed and then woke up with amnesia, I was like, "Give me a break!" I tried to watch Season 2, but it was just like the first season, so I gave up. I am glad that I am not the only one who didn't get into the 24 groove. Now LOST on the other hand, I am totally obsessed with!

milkman0 said...

If you don't like the 1st season, you won't like the rest of them either. Didn't the dad fool you into thinking he was a good guy though?

-Tommy

Josh and Emily said...

Josh and I are avid "24" watchers! My favorite seasons are 3, 4 and 5. last year was pretty pathetic, but we are so into it now I don't see that we can ever go back. We also like Lost, but that one is getting slightly ridiculous now too. Josh and i just watch it with a whole "it could happen," attitude. We do make fun of the things that all happen in one day however. But we still love it. By the way watch out for the 2nd season, some pretty graffic stuff in there.

C Crane said...

Jan, so nice to hear from you! Your little one is so cute. I love blog connecting! Excited to keep in touch. PS-Nate feels the same way about 24, but I love Jack!